Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Mixed Reviews

Sail Date: May 25, 2012

The ship itself was very clean and all of the amenities including restaurants, bathrooms, hallways, & cabins were all working properly and very clean. This is an extremely slow paced cruise which was unlike the previous cruise I had been on. You are at sea for 2 nights and a day before reaching Bermuda with not much to do. I think part of the big appeal of this cruise is "all you can eat". The specialty restaurants (for which there was a cover ranging from $10-$25 per person) were all much higher quality than the free food, but the free food really wasn't terrible either. The atmosphere in the specialty restaurants was much better though (not so much mass quantity). There is a casino & there are "activities" every day i.e. jewelry demonstrations, towel folding demos, music on the deck- none of which actually involve much thought or movement. I found myself to be incredibly bored during our time on the ship. Once in Bermuda, I was much happier. Although Bermuda is also slow paced & a bit expensive, it was enjoyable.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good Food, & Great Weather

Cons: A Bit Boring, Slow Paced, & Not Much to Do.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

I guess I should have understood better what the cruise entailed, but being on the boat for 2 full days was a nightmare. I was so bored. "All you can eat" doesn't begin to describe the patrons of the cruise. If you enjoy food 24/7 or gambling, you'll be fine. I was bored to the point of tears. Basically people just eat and drink all day. I enjoy relaxing as much as the next person but this was a bit gluttonous.
We had an inside room which was small (obviously) and dark (duh) but was always kept clean and was well laid out. Bathroom amenities all worked well.
Ship was clean, well laid out, signs everywhere, & totally wheel chair accessible (for the mostly older patrons of which there were many).
Free Food- 6
Specialty Dining- 8
Only had one negative run in with a waiter at one of the restaurants. Our stateroom was kept clean by a team lead by one gentleman who took the time one evening when I was feeling seasick to ask if he could bring anything or do anything. Very friendly & extremely positive point of the trip.