Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Very Disappointing

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

Myself and our family were very excited to start our vacation but from the very begining the Dawn disappointed us. We got to our room and found the windows to be leaking badly. This was a rather expensive Penthouse Suite and from what I understand they just renovated the ship about a year ago so it was surprising to say the least. Their solution was to come and clean off the rust spots and wipe up the water. They said they would have someone come and weld the two spots where it was leaking at a later time. Two days later they asked us for a time when they could come in and weld. We had to be out of our room while that happened obviously. We left for several hours and came back. They had blown us off and never came.

The first day of the cruise was also my wife's birthday. I had ordered a couple of items to be delivered to the suite on that first day. Nothing was there when we got there. The bottle of wine I ordered for her didn't show up until the next day. When I asked about it they tried to blame us by saying we had the "Do Not Disturb" sign up so they didn't deliver it. We never had that sign up ever during the trip. It was a lie.

The kids package I ordered for my daughter was a pain. We had to go to the kids center to retrieve it but they wouldn't give it to us without a card that was supposed to be left in our room. The card wasn't there. We had to call and have one printed up.

I ordered casino credits and had problems redeming those also. It seemed like at every turn the customer was responsible for fixing NCL's errors.

On day 3 our shower started to leak. It didn't bother me much but I was concerned about the cabin below. NCL did send someone quickly to repair the shower. Again we had to leave our room so it could be repaired.

My wife took the opportunity to write the cruise director. She explained the problems we were having. We never heard anything back from him. That was disappointing.

On the 6th day the plumbing for our sink let go and water went everywhere. The bathroom flooded and yet again we had to leave our room while repairs were made. This was the final straw. We had a manager come up to hear our complaints. They said they were sorry and gave us what I feel was an inadaquate credit for all our trouble. We were told it would be posted to our account right away. We checked later that night. No credit. The never morning we checked several more times. No credit and no one could give us any answers. Finally after noon on the last day the credit showed up. Seeing as how our problems started when we got there something should have been done sooner. Not on the last day when there is really not much opportunity to use the credit.

We did manage to enjoy the rest of the ship and we loved Bermuda which helped salvage the cruise for our family. For the money we spent it was very much a disappointment though. The service we got with our problems was inexcusable and the room should be put out of service until it is fixed. Even after telling NCL about the cruise when we got home they have just ignored us. You can find a better cruise line!

Pros: Bermuda

Cons: Our room leaked!

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.