Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

My cabin was dirty upon arriving. The carpet was stained beyond belief. The furniture was old & falling apart. The bed was hard as a rock. The balcony floor could not be stepped on without shoes, it was dirty & made your feet itch. There were guests smoking in the two surrounding cabins so you could never sit outside on the balcony or the pool area without smoke surrounding you.
The the theme restaurants all tasted the same besides the sushi or Japanese grill. The "free" restaurants had the almost same menu every day. The same food tasted not so fresh as the cruise went on. We ate in all but two of the restaurants. & I could not say I would recommend one of them. Much of the staff with few exceptions were snappy & discourteous. I would never recommend Norweigen Cruise Lines. We spent extra money for a balcony to Bermuda. I was very disappointed with our accomodations & the food, & the smoking In the common areas. Their term " Free Style Cruising" was anything But Free I feel we were always spending more money in hopes to be satisfied in some way, but that did not happen. We have been on 8 cruises & loved cruising. I think it will be a Very long time before I even think about cruising again. Oh, & did I mention this was a birthday gift from me to my husband?

Pros: I'm sitting here with my husband trying to think of something I liked about this cruise, & we are finding it very hard to come up with anything related to the cruise itself

Cons: Cleanliness, food, cabin, & service

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

Old looking. Out of date. Tacky. Not a pretty ship.
Very little ambiance. Food quality - it was a chore to go to dinner. No matter where we went we left our food on the plate. Room service choices were very limited with a service charge to bring food ! The desserts were practically the same all week. No taste! Drinks were expensive & hit or miss for consistency. Overall It was not a pleasant experience!!
Seriously I could not believe they put us in this quality of a room!
Balcony stateroom. Did not look like the pictures on the Internet or brochures!!
Very, Very displeased. Bed hard as a Rock. Old furniture. Dirty cabin. Stained carpet
Smoking on balcony. Dirty windows. Oh my god I could go on & on & on!!
The cabin Stewart was wonderful. & kind. We made sure to tip him for his kindness.
The rest of the staff were mostly rude. Some of the wait staff were very good.
As I said, it was as if they had the same food with a different theme for a restaurant.
Very poor sections. We love good food & service. We love beauty & nice surroundings.
We used to love cruising until this experience. Entertainment was just ok.
Smoking all over the ship. Casino, balconies, decks, pool. Hard to sit & enjoy without being total annoyed.