Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

disappointed experience

Sail Date: December 31, 2010

This was my 13 cruise, however my second on this cruise line. This was my first 9 day cruise and I was hoping it would have left me with great memories but it did not. There were a number of concerns that I would like to touch on:
1. First and last day 2 major shows: which is crazy because the first day most people are checking in and getting themselves together and the last night we are trying to pack and get other things out of the way.
2. The bed sheets were not change once and we made certain indication on the pillow case and sheet which let us know that the same sheets that we started out the sail with are the same one that we returned on.
3. The back of the toilet seat could have been clean much better. it was dirty from the beginning before the cruise started off.
4. the self serving of food which change the last two days clearly indicated that something or people might have been getting sick on board and for whatever reason the decision to keep that infornation on the down load not sure if that was for the cruise line to save money and not pay the passenger left a bad taste in mouth. it might have been good to have said something to find out that they might have been passengers who could have been sick but did not report it; like myself.
5. I realize that you are there to make money but this was the first cruise that I feel that was the most important thing and the passengers were not;
6. the cruise director and assistance cruise director were not personable nor were they funny or even entertaining
7. If rules at put in place then they should be enforced; for example: no children should be on the front row and thGoing to St. iere were kids on the front row and also allow to run up and down.
8. the day on St. Kitts we waited about 1 1/2 hours before we could get off the ship which was about 1:30pm and it was not that we had yellow tickets or even very high numbers (which would have been even more disappointed if we did have higher numbers) before we were allowed to go off the ship. A number of a passengers were allowed to come off the elevators on the 4 level and just joined or got in line before a number of passenger who were already in the line after their tickets were taken.
9. the toilet bowl seat could have been cleaned much better.
10. on a positive note: the Jamaican band was very good.
11. As indicated earlier this has been my 13 cruise and I love cruising but not sure if I will be crusing On NCL any time soon and will not invite friends or family to cruise as well. Sorry, I thought that the 9 day would have been a great experience but it was not.
12, Entertainments appear not to be culturally focus

Thanks for the experience

Pros: Jamaican Band,gym

Cons: food, entertainment

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.