Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Great cruise on a very friendly ship,

Sail Date: October 01, 2010

The capt. was all over the ship, very friendly, he even sang a few lines every morning. Enjoyed the meet and greet organiized by a Cruise Critic passenger. Had 100 people attend, crew staff was present. NCL should sponsor a Meet and Greetas other cruise lines do. Matt Baker the cruise director was THE BEST in my 13 cruises, 7 with NCL. Very energetic, all over the ship and involved in many activities. I wrote NCL headquarters in Miami inquiring about a civic club makeup meeting and was told NCL doesn't hold them anymore. To my surprise one was scheduled and I attended and was given an NCL printed
club makeup card. It was attended by a retired WWII brigadier general. This shows the interest civic club members have in these makeup meetings. Thank you. As usual, the housekeeping staff was excellent, really enjoyed the towel animals. Garden Cafe food very good and plentiful. Main dining room menu should have at least one or two additonal menus alsong with the nightly specials. Ship very wellmaintained. One request- a Latitudes photo contest again. I won a second place 5 or 6 years ago on an Alaska cruise.

Pros: The entire crew from the Capt. on down,especially Matt Baker, cruise director. Also the people at the information desk, very helpful.

Cons: Samana as a port should be DROPPED and replaced. How about a day at the private island?No good shore trips except the beach

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Covered above
As i suggested, one or two different basic menus in the main dining rooms, I love Free Style cruising
The information desk as always was most helpful.
The entertainment is always excellent, the nighly shows, the NCL band and the piano plyers in the lounges