Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Not my cup of "SEA"

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This cruise does not have a big enough pool for all the passangers they have on board. They do not allow children who wear a swim diaper into the pool. Not even the kiddie pool...go figure! The days at sea leaving NY are too long. Forget the private island and just do more days in Bermuda! The private island is very small w/ nothing much to do besides swim w/ 2000 other passangers that got off at the same time. The days at port were not long enough. Bahamas we missed all together because of mechanical problems, private island we had to be back on board by 3pm and bermuda was by 5. I have never done a cruise before and wouldn't again unless it had more land time which means i would not leave out of NY, unless it was a trip to Bermuda by itself. The seas are much rougher and it's too many days at sea. The cruiseline itself i did not have a problem with. The ship is beautiful and the restaurants were great. I didn't feel there was alot to do during the day at all. My daughter(12) was bored. The pool was way too crouded even for her liking. I felt like a sardine at the poolside chairs. All the chairs are lined up in a row, one right next to eachother. I had a mans feet right in my face because he decided to cross his leg while reading. If u have never cruised before and are looking to have a relaxing getaway, this is not for u. If i ever cruise again it would be leaving out of Miami or PurtoRico and being able to get off ea. day. We had a good time because we were with a group of 15 and made our own fun but this ship needs more things to o on their itinary and more pools.

Pros: Restaurants and a beautiful ship

Cons: pool size and not enough land time

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.