Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

I'm back to Royal Caribbean

Sail Date: June 01, 2007

mounds of issues. Took hours to get onto the ship due to photo taking and other problems. Felt like I was an immigrant out at Ellis Island in the 1920's. We finally get on...rooms fine. No bed bugs (read that review) EEKS. Room was decent (had a balcony)

Traveled with young adults who were pretty bored unless you are 21 and can drink and party. After telling our kids they could not bring anything on board, they found out everyone else had brought liquor on board in their bags...makes me wonder if they were actually scanned as they do in the airport or they do not check bags at all.... dangerous. This danger added when you have intoxicated people starting fights on board, which I did witness first hand.

Security was called. They were about 4' 8" tall and weighed less than 100 lbs. They had no control over the person who was a threat and just told the people..."don't worry you're son will be fine" They did absolutely nothing while this young man threatened the kid, the parents everyone. They asked for his room number and name and he gave them a false identity we found out later on... what a security system!

Food - none to be found at midnight unless you want to eat in the Blue Lagoon and eat at tables made for children...holds about 60 people where there are how many thousand on the ship? They want you to drink all night but won't give you anything to eat. So you wind up in the casino cause there's some old food laying out there and they can entice you to gamble.

I gambled and worked up 27 points... (believe me I spent hundreds to get that 27 dollars) and it never showed up on my bill. I had to email and call the casino people -- still haven't gotten my $27 credit.

Can't get near the pool unless you stay on board while everyone else hits the islands...or you get up at 7am and go swimming.

meals were so long to get and eat that you missed half the shows.

I can go on and on over what's wrong with this ship and crew...and by the way I did write them a letter which of course until this day has gone unanswered.... no big surprise! I'm back to Royal Caribbean.

Pros: Didn't have to travel to Florida to get on the ship

Cons: Almost took me as long to get ON THE SHIP as flying there

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.