Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review

I am writing on behalf of a family of 6 that cruised on the Dawn's 3rd passenger voyage out of Miami on a Western Caribbean itinerary (Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, and Cozumel). On the positive side, the Dawn is a magnificent ship (with a floorplan that is, at times, bewildering). The most important caution I can share with my fellow travelers is to be sure you are 100% comfortable with NCL's definition of "freestyle" cruising before you sign up. I found debarking to be more regimented. In my opinion, and I have cruised 4 times previously with NCL, the quality of the service has suffered dramatically under the "freesytle" concept where you are charged $10/person/day for gratuities...regardless of the quality of service you actually receive! We only had one meal that was of the quality and with the attentiveness we enjoyed on previous NCL cruises! Internet access on board is $45.00 per hour (no, that's not a misprint). In other words, as longstanding Latitudes (NCL's "frequent" cruiser program) members, we will exercise latitude when choosing our next cruise line.