Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Cruise to Nowhere

My first cruise

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

Well my first impression of the ship was like any other first impression for a first timer. It was HUGE!! I've never set foot or even come near a cruise ship until my first voyage, so I was automatically impressed. Upon entering your room the staff instructs the passengers to participate in a mandatory life jacket drill in the theatre, after that the fun began. Everyone goes up to the very top deck and there is the most amazing barbacue with live music and of course drinks. Just so i won't spoit it for you I will just say that the food was great just don't over eat because you still have more food coming to you through out the day.I did the cruise to Nowhere which was for 1 night and I sure wish it was for much longer because I never really got to enjoy all that ship offers. My girlfriend and I stood in the Balcony stateroom and it was just perfect. It was great to have a room with your own balcony with patio furniture especially when you just want to sit outside in your own privacy and have a few drinks. The bed was pretty comfy, great sized bathroom every thing separated. You have your own fidge where you can store cold beers or whatever.

For dinner my girlfriend and I went to cagney's steak house and the food and service was great. It was a specialty resturant which meant you had make a reservation and pay for the dinner but it was worth it. The service was a little slow at first but it was a full resturant and a full ship. After dinner we went to the casino played a few of the slots and won a little drinking money which was great. After digesting the food we both went to Dazzles night club and it was just a really fun night. They first had some karoke where you see random people make fools of themselves but afterwards they bring in a DJ and the real party starts. Non stop dancing, good crowd, and of course the non stop service. Every time my drink was empty someone from the ships staff was there to take care of it. At the end of our voyage to nowhere the ship serves a breakfast buffet of pretty much anything you can think of eating in the morning.

Overrall my one night on the Norweigan Dawn was just the best. My girlfriend and I are now planning to do a real 5 day cruise. I recommend the one night cruise to anyone who has never been on cruise. It is a good way to experience what it is like before you commit to a longer 5 or 7 day cruise.

Pros: The whole atmosphere of the staff and the hospitality.

Cons: The gratuity's. Every drink you buy they take out gratuity. I guess that's expected in a cruise.