I had the Tiem of my Life

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Bermuda (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 17, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
The Norweigan Dawn is a beautiful ship, with all the major conveniences, and comforts. The food was great, most of the time, and the service was always excellent.

Our room was very comfortable, and I was particularly impressed with the comfort and size of the bathroom/dressing room area. I was also very delighted t o find an in-room fridge, and beds that were very comfortable.

The food was excellent most of the time. The Lobster night was a bit disappointing as the Lobster tail was old and tired by the time I received mine, and there were no seconds. I was also surprised to find that Cagny's was 'all out' of lobsters on the last night. Nonetheless the food, for the most part was certainly plentiful, always beautifully presented, and quite delicious.

I was very disappointed that the ship docked at night and left before lunch, so that it was impossible to do anything on an organized basis that evening. I asked the ship's person in charge of shore excursions, if he could arrange for my party (7) to go to Atlantis that evening, and he said NO. That's it, no reason, no explaination and certainly rudely. I was shocked because so many people were so wonderful on the ships staff. I was not comfortable with going on shore and hailing a local taxi to take us to Atlantis, and so I missed going. The 'official' tour was to take place before 8AM in the morning t he following day, and come back in about three hours. I was not interested in doing this, as it seemed to me we could be running through Atlantis at break neck speed. I was really really deisappointed and so were the other members of my family
Don't Miss: Atlantis would have been our highlight, especially the casino at night, but it was not made available to us, nor did t he crew try to help us get there safely.

Pros: My balcony room provided the peace and tranquility I have been seeking from vacations, and have not gotten before

Cons: The ship was very crowded, and with young people probably just graduating high school