Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

take a different cruise line!

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

This was my first cruise and I had somewhat high expectations from friends who had gone on other crises, unfortunatly I won't be going on another cruise because of this trip. Getting on the ship was like finding your way through a maze and there were staff standing around not willing to help. Most of the staff spoke broken english at best and were not friendly. The weather was horrible, which is not the ships fault, but there were not enough fun things to do inside if the weather is bad, unless you like to gamble which I don't. The ship advertised a dance room for all night, but it was geared towards teens and the music they played was horrible. Drinks were very expensive, food was hospital quality at best. The sushi was horrible, and you would think being in the middle of the ocean you would have good fish. The best meals we had were at the Cagneys Steak house and you had to pay an extra $35 a person to eat there, and you can't eat all you want like other places, so not worth it because portions are very small. The inside stateroom was fine, but we had problems getting our room made up and towels replaced. Also the two days we were at port there was not enough time to really explore the islands, I found that other ships were docked a lot longer than ours was and limited time really makes it stressful to get back on ship on time and you can't enjoy the place.

Pros: not having to work

Cons: the activities, the food( you had to pay extra for better food and even then it wasn't anything wonderful), the staff was not helpful or friendly, it was completely disorganized, there weren't any fun activities to do for adults besides gambling, the hot tubs were not hot!

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

we were at the very front of the ship and it was a very long walk to get to anything else on the ship.
LAME
I did like that you didn't need reservations and could eat at any time.