Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Tendering is NOT Fun

Sail Date: January 03, 2009

I have been on many cruises and this was my third with NCL. I was very disappointed that they have chosen to tender their passengers off the ship instead of docking. I assume it is cheaper. It took 2 hours to get off the ship everyday and it left little time to spend on the islands. I have decided not to sail with NCL anymore. The ship is okay, but I prefer spending time on the island during the day.

Pros: We liked the ship -- overall good service.

Cons: Tendering

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

The ship was very clean.
I thought the food this time was better than last year's cruise on NCL Sun.
The NCL Dawn's inside staterooms were very small compared to other ships.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Snorkeling was great at Smugglers Cove. It has a nice little bar with food available. Some others in my party went to Cane Garden Bay and said it was awesome!!!!
Don't Miss: Cane Garden Bay Beach
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
Samana was not as bad as some said. It's no different than the Honduras or Belize. We found a very nice quiet beach to spend the day on and found great souvenir deals.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
It was okay. The water was pretty, but I felt like I was still on the ship. The beach was very crowded and, again, we were tendered. It was my second time there and I probably will not choose to go there again.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Always great. We usually go to Trunk Bay at St. John's, but decided to go to Sapphire Beach. IT was very nice.