Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Had a great time...

Sail Date: July 06, 2008

Overall, we had a great time. The ship is beautiful and has plenty of things to do. This was our 2nd cruise, the first being a 3-day on a much smaller ship. The two experiences were so different I can't really compain them.

I highly recomment the specialty restaurants (the one's with a cover charge). We ate at 3 of the 5 and it was worth the price. The food and service were all taken up several notches.

The other restaurants were good but seemed slightly understaffed. For example, a couple we were with wanted a bottled water and a coke during breakfast and the waitress said "It would take too long because she would have to go somewhere else to get it". How can she not "have time" How can there n ot be someone that could get it for her?? The large buffet restaurant also had trouble keeping up with clean tables and silverware. But the food was great every time.

When I said my "con" is that the ship does not enforce their own rules, this is what I meant. They have a rule about leaving you sun chairs vacant for 30 minutes. Believe me, if you don't have a chair by 9:30 on sailing days, you will not get one unless you go to the back of the ship. They say there are "adult only" hot-tubs, late night activity and sporting events. But all three were filled with mostly kids in their early teens. They say they have a dress-code in the restaraunts ( a very simple one at that...pants and a shirt) yet a few people still go in there wearing shots and tanktops. My only point is if you have a rule, just enforce them.

The shows were pretty good and the casino was a fun time. Getting on and off the ship was as simple as they could make it. If only the airline and hotel industry could learn a few things from the cruise industry.

We were in a mini-suite. This basically means you are in a balcony room with a larger room, bathroom and balcony. You do not get any other "special treatment". But the room was great...as was eating breakfast on the balcony.

Pros: Smooth ride, great drinks, plenty of food, pleasent staff, lots of stuff to do, specialty restaurants

Cons: Ship staff does not enforce their own rules

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!