Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Turned off on cruising - big time!

Sail Date: June 01, 2008

The ship was clean. The electric outlets in the balcony suite were all broken except for one. The food in 2 out of 4 of the free dinning areas was not what I had been led to believe by all the hype over cruising. The food in the Paying dinning areas was extremely good and the waiters and waitresses did an excellent job in those restaurants.

Pros: Not much!

Cons: Could not even find a chair to lay in the sun!

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

One electric outlet worked in the stateroom. The rest were missing parts. We asked for the room next to us to be unlocked so we could visit our relatives who were in that room. Only took 4 days and a bunch of requests to get someone to unlock the door. The seventh day (last day) they took down the balcony wall.
Pay dinning areas were the best. All the rest were about like hitting a fast food chain. I would not recommend the unlimited soda deal. I found out that the unlimited soda is only for soda that comes from the bar or is mixed at the bar. Don't ask the lady or guy that has the ice cold can of diet coke for a coke, they will tell you you can not have one unless you pay seperate. I drank maybe 6 sodas on the trip for 37.00. When you ask for another soda at dinner the waiter dissapears never to be seen again.
Ordered Captains basket of bottle of wine and fresh fruit for my brother-in-laws retirement surprise. Surprise was the next morning he asked me if I wanted a Strawberry from his fruit basket, he handed it to me and it looked like a "green marble", covered entirely in mold!
Ship was laid out well. was very supprised to see the size of the pool. For some reason I expected a huge pool with lots of seating around the pool. Pool was very small. Only had a chair at the pool one day out of 7. secured chair at 8:30am!
Attended two shows, both were like high school productions, very amaturish. Magician supposedly came from Las Vegas, his equipment was damaged and doors did not stay shut on his equipment. Not very entertaining. Very dissapointed!
Most you will have a hard time understanding, don't speak english well. There were four of us on the cruise and we talked to maybe two or three waiters for a few minutes. we never met anyone else.