Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Bermuda Cruise

Sail Date: April 20, 2008

The crew is wonderful. The ship is a very beautiful ship. They are always cleaning up. Even with all of the cleaning I found my cabin full of previously placed finger prints all over doors wall etc. kind of yecky.
It was clean but not what I would call sanitized. It also seems like the ship nickel and dimes you to death hawking their wears. That gets a little annoying. They also boast great giveaways at contests and most are simply beach balls or keychains wit NCL logo. They could afford to be more generous. Bermuda is a beautiful island but closes down too darn fast .Not much in the way of shopping except those souvenier shops with items all made in china or mexico. China and imported name brands are there but no great bargains that I saw.

Pros: I love the idea of cruising in general, the entertainment the casino, the balcony room !

Cons: It took 2 3/4 days to get to Bermuda which is 1 day 1/2 days away . Much quicker return also didn't care for tendering to shore

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

stateroom was very nice but not as clean as I would have liked it. Don't get me wrong it was always spotless to look at but when the light hit the doors you could see hundreds of finger prints all over , kind of yecky.
Size of balcony room was ok !
Everything looks much better then it tastes. There is a good variety. They are trying to revamp thier freestyle buffet cafe which I haven't decided if it was a bad thing or a good thing. The main dining rooms are beautifully decorated and service very good. They do tend to look at you funny though when you show them your soda card. Some get you a soda some don't bother. Mostly you have to fetch it yourself which I didn't like.
All in all I ate like I was going to the chair and needed my last meal.
I wouldn't bother going to specialty restaurants I felt their cover charge excessive when it is basically the same food as in the free restaurants.
I like freestyle dining . I don't like how some folks think that means come in your towel ,bathing suit, shorts and flip flops. You should dress properly for dining I feel . Not the ships fault except for not eforcing their policy too much , it is basically the fault of the cruisers.
The Dawn doesn't change it's entertainment venue much I been on her 4 times and the shows are basically the same .
The Dawn is a beautiful ship
All were pleasant , very accomodating, made you feel at home and also made you feel like a VIP
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Very pretty , take the tram / trolley unless you like to walk to get to the little clock tower mall. (nothing much to see in there though) Fort is nice and snorkel park is a very good place to go swimming and not be far from the ship.
Don't Miss: nothing to miss not much there .
Hamilton, Bermuda
Pearl and onion restaurant was good but expensive. We took a buggy ride 50 dollars for a half an hour (up to 5 people)around the city , it was nice. Glass bottom boat excursion was nice but a bit costly. Buy a bus pass and travel the Island yourself it is cheaper and you can get off where you want and see what you want. Bus system is fantastic. you feel safe all over this island.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the aquarium /zoo it is very pretty (small) but in a growing process.