Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

New York, New England, and Canada

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

I have already said I was upset with the bath room problems and the whale watching scheduled after they were gone for the season. Then I was very upset that there were dining rooms that charged a surcharge. After you have paid as much as a cruise costs you don't expect to have to pay for any of the dining rooms. The cost in the steak house was outragious. To pay $20. to go in, and then even more for the cut of meat or lobster was not expected. I can go to any good resturant on land and pay under $50. for a lobster dinner. Why should I pay you more than a good fish house would charge. The dining rooms that were a part of our charge were wonderful. Your help is outstanding. Our room steward was very helpful. We were in Rm. 9219 and Mr. Brown was the best. We did have breakfast delivered to our room every morning and our server was wonderful too. He even called one evening to check to see if we had forgotten juice since we had been ordering it every other morning.
I truly feel there are only a few things that need to be addressed. The side trips that were not what they should have been. Our trip to LaBie was bad too. It is not a place used to tourists and are just beginning to accept them again. Our guide on the bus had to read word for word what we were seeing. She did not know the town or community on her own at all. Someone should have checked out that trip before offering it to your travelors. There were some trips that were outstanding. The one to Bar Harbour, Quebec, Newfoundland, and Sydney were really great. The lobster bake, Sugar Shack, old museum in Sydney and some others made the trip very enjoyable. I would reccomend the trip to others, but warn them about the side trips that just took our money and did not give us either worth nor fulfill the expectations from your descriptions.
I must say, when the flu broke out on the ship your staff were wonderful. Things went from helping yourself, not being made to use the hand sanitizer to being served everything and having to use the sanitizer every time you entered a resturant or came back onto the ship. I commend them for a job well done on that score.

Pros: Your staff was outstanding. I appreciated the care taken when illness broke out on the ship.

Cons: On a 12 day cruise our toilet broke down 6 times. Not accectable. Went on a whale watching tour after the season already had ended. I was told by staff and others who knew that the ship should never offer this side trip after the end of Sept. The whales have already gone south.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

There is not one thing we could say that would need fixing. They are more than helpful, kind and willing to do anything they can for you.
As stated already the dining rooms that you had to pay extra for were not necessary. Did not expect to have to pay more just to eat in a steak house, Oriental house or any other place. You can either not serve things you feel were too expensive to be included in the regular restaurants or let us know before we get onto the ship. The lobster tales in your regular restaurant was fantastic and we did not have to pay $50. extra just for lobster. Thought this one was kind of grubby.
We were in a handicapped room. I was shocked to have to pay extra for such a room. It is not allowed in America to charge for limitations. I understand NCL is not American owned, but it is something to think about. The bed was also way too low for someone who had problems with their knees. I had to put pillows on top of my bed to be able to get out without being in pain. Other than that the room was fine. Our steward was wonderful.
Your ship entertainment was amazing. Each one of the shows was so much fun and the talent was top notch. Such a nice way to end each day. We caught the 0:15 shows, after a nice dinner and it was a perfect way to end each day.