Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Low Quality

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

This was my 9th cruise, none on this line. The food was sub standard compared to any of the 6 lines I have cruised, The shows are good but not the Las Vegas quality of other lines, as the tips are included the staff is not as sharp as on other lines. A good example is that my cabin was not cleaned in the morning for 3 days. The private island is so crowded that you have to sit up in a chair bleacher style and this was after waiting in a hall way with 200 other people to be tendered off the ship, We went on a side trip to the Atalntis in Nassau and were dropped off about a half mile from the site and given a cursory tour. The gym had a broken bench press from day one and the running track is so narrow that no one can pass or be passed for long stretches. This is the first time that I am happy a cruise is over and I am back to work.

Pros: The ship is clean and well appointed

Cons: The food is poor at best, as the tip is included the cabin stewards skip cleanings in our case 3 days in a row,

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

The casts were for the most part very good but not all were outstanding as we are used to on cruises.
Many were great although many were just marking time. The dining room staff was not very well informed with respect to their meals.
The ship is clean and fresh looking.
The balconies are very small but the state rooms are adequate.
The meuns are very plain,not what you get on the major cruise lines. Their meat quality was poor to the point that I could not eat my meal the last day. My sons had NY Strip steks on three occasions and they were about 1/4 inch thick. This is not a cruise line for gourmet dining. The cafeteria food was OK but again not outstanding. It was interesting that they have eliminated trays to carry food, you need multiple trips if you wanted a soup, salad, entree and a drink. There is no sommelier on board so your wine choices will be on your own.