Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

NCL Dawn Keeps Getting Better!

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

Let me start off by saying last year was our first cruise and it was also on the Dawn, I did not write a review mainly because a few things and staff members were so bad and I had nothing to compare it to well now I do.
Leaving New York: This year we arrived Late about 1pm good thing they were having credit card problems with their computers so we had to wait on a long line to get through customs but as soon as we got through a lady with a sign for penthouse and villas was right there then we met our Concierge: Mareike then we were on in 5 minutes She is really great no problems at all she actually called a few times and is really sweet big difference from last year. First sea day: Was a little rough 12 ft swells no big deal. We made every port on time Bahamas: We were a few minutes early Great time there they do sell the one day passes for the pool at Atlantis its $75 for kids more for adults. GSC: Was great perfect weather we were in the water all dayJ BBQ was good do bring a cooler for drinks. Bermuda: Fantastic we did horseshoe bay we had lunch there hotdogs great fries and popcorn chicken expensive $5 for fries when I said something to the server he gave us a free hotdog, Also bring the cooler we spoke about We did the bus pass easy a perfect day.
Salsa: Ok! The food was very good as it was last year. The server was the worst I wish I knew his name really bad! asked if we wanted drinks before dinner when I said no he made a face and mind you some in our party had wine they bought then during the meal he asked again as if the cokes didnt cost enough and at the end if we wanted mexican coffee and when I said no the face and a nasty tone not good and not that others in our party didnt have sambucca oh well he made the dinner just OK yuck!
Our Cabin: We stayed in an AB cabin again same as last year Awsome love it! This Review would not be complete without telling about A Wounderful butler named Ravi just some info on us we have had Butler service in some of the top hotels and he far exceeded our expectations. Ravi is a wonderful Butler.
This was like a different cruise compared to last year im glad we gave NCL another try we had an amazing time great cruise!!!!!!!

Pros: Excellent Staff, Great Butler Ravi, Great KidsCrew, Fun Shows, Beautiful Ship.

Cons: They try to sale you everything from water to before dinner drinks to after dinner coffee no need for that we are spending enough money if we want to drink Alcohol we will I feel bad for people in recovery its uncalled for and should be stopped! The worst was a Waiter in Salsa restaurant nasty.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Beautiful Ship Nice Layout Found it to be very Clean except for the bathroom on the 7th floor. Casino: Great! Well what can I say its a gamble and I lost my Butt off! But I did see others win. The staff is great as is all the servers! Room stewads: Excellent! Tito and Greg Super nice guys room was kept clean they remembered our names and used them made us towel animals every night we asked them to as soon as we met them and some days we got 2! I brought lots of chocolate from home snickers m&m's lots of stuff and told them to take some anytime They really liked that.
Venetian: Great! we ate there the first day for lunch waiting for the rooms to be ready which was at 2 so pretty much right after we sat down Great sandwiches and soups sevice was also great my father ate dinner and luch there most days and we had what they call dress up night there AKA lobster night.
Le Bistro: Excellent! our server was Cinderella she was good the Maitre d was super nice great! we had French onion soup lobster martini and braised short ribs falls off the bone with a Filet Migion like butter and of course Fondue!
Bamboo: Great! Our server's Nerie and Miesel are Awsome! the maitre d also great. My son had the all the Sushi you can eat and he really ate a lot and loved it. I had the Hot and Sour soup the best I ever had. Spring rolls great and dumplings good and beef with broccoli it was good and fried bananna spring rolls with ice cream yum. The staff is really amazing great night out!
Blue Lagoon: Good!
Our Cabin: We stayed in an AB cabin again same as last year Awsome love it!
Great for families sleeps 5 its a 2 bedroom. Great matress awsome bathroom!
Ravi our wonderful Butler: From the moment we met him he had a smile on his face he made us feel right at home! He stopped in everyday without us having to call and when we did call he was happy to hear from us! We had breakfast almost everyday in the room snacks and a lunch and one dinner. If I had a problem or felt unsure of something he would be the first person I would call. If your are going on the dawn in the near future staying in an AB cabin you are in for a treat! Great Job on NCL's part they found a true treasure. He will be going on vacation the end of September he said. I hope to see him back on the Dawn he would making booking the Dawn again a No-Brainer! Oh and he is getting married in October his face lit up as he told us Congrats to them!!!
Concierge: Mareike Super nice a great improvement from last year and it did mame a difference she called a few times to make sure all was well great!
Matt Baker: Great same as last year very fun!

Bollywood: Excellent! Again lol
Kids Crew: Excellent my son went about 4 days and 3 nights had a ball! great staff kids have a good time. He was in the 10-12 group!