Free Style Cruising

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: July 01, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Everything about our cruise was awesome. Food was great (when we got to eat). Making reservations was awful! We were only able to dine in 3 of the many restaurants while on a 7-day cruise. You could start making reservations at 7:00 am for the day of our next day dining. That's it. And every time we tried, they were ALL BOOKED! We couldn't get in. It was terrible! Food elsewhere was fine, but not good enough. Not what we expected. We expected "FREE" style cruising/dining! No one on the ship was happy with it. Once in the 3 restaurants we did try, the food was great, don't get me wrong. Our ship was 100% booked. Maybe that's why. But if it's "FREE" style, it should be first come, first served! Not "I'm sorry ma'am, there's no more room in that restaurant." There's a HUGE difference. My next cruise will not be on Norwegian if I can help it. I'd rather be told to be at a specific table at 8:00 pm each evening. Not this way. Not running around all over the place searching for a restaurant that would take us. That's wrong.

Food was good, dining experience was TERRIBLE!

Pros: Everything except dining/reservations

Cons: Reservations

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!