Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Not exaclty happy NCL Dawn

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

The Dawn is a nice ship. Our room was clean and comfortable. The entertainment was very good. But NCL is missing some of the litttle things that other cruise lines have. Such as a pitcher of ice water in the room. You had to buy the water or use the bathroom sink. No trays at the breakfast, lunch or dinner buffets. It is hard to hold OJ, coffee, and your plate of food all at once. And if you have kids, good luck trying to get their food and yours. There is only one pool (not counting a kiddie pool) and it is crowded and not that large for the size of the ship. I like loud music but I could not talk to my friends when the band played or they were doing games a the pool. It was very loud. Other crusies I have been on had bigger pools (and they were smaller ships) and you could actually talk to people when the band played. I was also not impressed with Free Style Cruising. The main or traditional restaurants did not have the extensive menus that other cruises have. It was like NCL was trying to force you to go to one of the other extra-pay places to eat. We tried to do this but getting a reservation was very hard. We had a party of 9 and even if we tried 2 days in advance we could not do it. We even tried breaking it up but still on 3 nights had no luck getting in. I also feel that there were not enough servers. My sister-in-law did not get her dinner until the rest of us were almost 3/4 done eating, my nephew did not get the rest of his meal until he was done his entree, and good luck trying to get a second cup of coffee at dinner. Overall I do not plan on cruising with NCL again.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? No.

The ship is nice and clean. But there were no areas for kids to congregate. All of the indoor seating had bars.
The "free" restaurants' menus were limited because NCL seemed to push the pay restaurants.
The staff wes very friendly
Very nice room
The shows were execllent.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Bermuda is great. I have been here 3 times. Take the water taxi to Hamilton which is real nice then take the Number 7 Docks bus back to the Wharf. Or get off at Horshebay to go swimming. The bus ride is very scenic. And the people are friendly. You do not really need to buy a cruise excursion as you can do it yourseld.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Nice island. if you want an umbrella get there early, like be on one of first 3 shuttles to the island.
Been there numerous times and did not get off the ship this time.