My First Cruise

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

7 Night Bahamas & Bermuda (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 09, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
I was a little surprised that no one informed me I would have an additional $10.00 per person per day charge for gratuity. I feel I should tip what I want and when I want...or least be given the option. Also, since I was paying this charge, I should not have also been charged gratuities each time I got a drink.

There were 13 Restaurants on board, but only 3-4 were not given the additional cover charge. I paid $2500 for this cruise, which stated "everything included" and felt I was nickel and dime every day and it is false advertising. For the record, it does not include everything.

Food was excellent. It was dishearten that we could not get reservations all the time. Every time we went to make them they were full, however when you went by the dining area there were open tables. Also as stated above, the additional cover charge was very hard on my pocket book. I wanted to experience the different dining, but found it hard to pay more money when I thought my meals were included.

Very good, lots to do or not do....

The ships staff was wonderful...however I did notice when I was not ordering a cocktail, which would include a tip on my charge, my waiters at the pool or other public areas was not as attentive as when I ordered liquor. In other words, you see your wait staff more with liquor orders than you do when you are just ordering soda. (I did purchase the soda sticker)

The ship, my stateroom and the public areas were all kept very clean. I was very impressed with the care of cleanliness with hand sanitary stationed all over the ship

Loved our stateroom, baloney - very comfortable and great place to get away from the crowds.
Loved Bermuda and the people....
Don't Miss: Frog and Onion at Kings Wharf, and shopping - great stop over...will go back
Best day ever...loved the beach, and found a nice shady spot....
Don't Miss: Shady spot to the left of the island
I did not like the area we parked at, I did not feel safe and the people were always trying to sell me something. I did not go on a shore excursion, do to financial reasons - you were charging me so much for everything else, we planned it for Bermuda, so I did not stay long and came back on board immediately.
Don't Miss: Nothing

Pros: The Ship itself

Cons: Unexpected charges

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!