Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Norwegian Dawn is a beautiful ship

Sail Date: April 12, 2007

Cruising is the best deal for your money and NCL free style is even better then other cruise lines. The Dawn is absolutely beautiful ship. And the casual atmosphere is a perfect way to enjoy your vacation.

Pros: The friendly staff,the VIP treatment , Clean staterooms, unlimited food

Cons: That you paid 93.00 for a soda card including gratuities and you had to go to the bar to request your own soda,no waiter service

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

This ship is huge! 4 times around the deck is a mile. The ship was immaculately clean, the decor is very pretty but I really do not think this boat is handicap accesible or friendly as I witnessed on several occassions.
Public restrooms were kept spotless.
Food is presented beautifully but taste is average at best , but also plentiful.
The cafe is open 24/7, room service continually, fancy restaurants a little more restrictive and reservations were required. These specialty restaurants were decorated beautifully "the Venetian" is elegant but the staff a little snooty, Aqua was friendlier.
Also do not purchase the soda card as it is very overpriced and you have to fetch your own soda , service becomes invisible when you show a soda card, instead of bying a soda individually. I thought that unfair as I pre paid a gratuity as well , why when there was no wait service for it.
my balcony stateroom was kept spotless .The size was okay , decor very pretty.
Schedules were fine as were the shows
Very talented people but Bollywood is getting to be outdated . New Jean Ann Ryan shows were great . Gleason the magician predictable , Fredianni the juggler was very good and all enjoyed his show .
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
had a great time snorkeling and saw beautiful fish the straw market was a waste of time, save your shopping for the ports.
Don't Miss: the baby stingray that inhabits this cove
George Town, Grand Cayman
beautiful is doing this island justice.....Margaritaville was a great place to eat and Moby Dick tours for Sting Ray city was quite marvelous. I never thought I would get out of the boat and hold a stingray but it was a truly wonderful experience.
Don't Miss: sting ray city
Belize City, Belize
very pretty terminal at pier. Didn't like the city it was scary run down and made me very nervous. I wanted to get back to the ship quickly. Too many fight to braid your hair etc. But the horse and acrriage ride for 20 pp around the "good" part of the city was very nice . Ryan was our tour guide and the only nice part of this tour of the city. The tender ride was great going to and from the ship. It was a lot of fun. Remember bring a lot of singles with you everyone has a handout for tips...
Don't Miss: nothing I could see
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
took a bus tour to a gorgeous house owned by an American up on the highest point of the city..what a view......Breathtaking is all I can say ! The igauna farm was entertaining, but skip La Playa beach pretty to look at but swimming isn't good too many rock s and sand fleas.......
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
very pretty island, cleaned up really nice from all the cons I had heard from the past. Some annoyance with vendors at Dunns Falls , but for the most part just saying no was enough.
Don't Miss: the beauty of Dunns fall (15 .00 per person to climb) and the dolphin encounter.
beautiful port, great shopping , but don't wasdte your time with ship edorsed shopping and free giveaways , not worth wasting your time