Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The Changing Dawn

Sail Date: November 05, 2006

I cruised on the Dawn two years ago and it felt like a differnet ship this time. It could have been partly that there was over 600 children cruising this week. Freestyle has certainly changed alot in two years. You wouldn't know that there was even one formal night on this ship. I think this ship had the feel of a Carnival Ship from ten years ago. More middle aged people walking around with helmets of beer then I have seen on other ships. Also a lot more people trying to enter the dining rooms at dinner time in shorts or blue jeans and being turned away. It appeared if you wore black or other color jeans it was okay. If you don't care what time you eat dinner at everynight and don't want to dress up any night this is a good choice.

Pros: Great drink specials in the casino

Cons: too many kids the week we went

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

They need an adult only pool and youth security patrols like they have on princess. It would keep the teens from gathering in the stairways and blocking the steps.
It was an outside cabin. You get what you pay for.This was the first time I never knew the name of the cabin stewart. We only met him once on the last night because we were in the room packing when he came to turn down the covers.
I thought the food was really good on the Dawn. I am not a fussy eater. My favorite restaurant was Salsa. I heard alot of complaints about the additional surcharges in the pay restaurants. I don't like the trend of adding more pay restaurants to cruises so I don't use them.
The cruise directors staff seemed to like their jobs and they were all very friendly. The bar staff that we dealt with were great.
I enjoyed all the shows but I wish they had more of the Ryan singers and dancers in shows. The dinner murder mystery was fun and all the different trivia shows, live at five, scene it and the pub quiz.
Port Canaveral, Florida
we rented a convertible and drove around Cocoa Beach and went up to Cocoa Village.Ron Jons was fun to shop in and we took a short tour of the Kennedy Space Center.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Where the ship docks looks like an industrial area. Our Lucaya is too far away. I didn't even bother getting off the ship this time
I have been to Nassau too mamy times. The only good thing I have ever found here is Atlantis.