Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Why Have I Been Flying All These Years?

Sail Date: November 05, 2006

Room Type: Suite

This was my very first cruise and there could not have been a more perfect setting for it than the Norwegian Dawn. My eyes were filled with room after lovely room of exquisite art and architecture, from the Atrium to the Venetian Restaurant (which was visually my favorite place to eat).
My sweetheart and I fell in love all over again with each other and the ship. Our stateroom was a mini suite, but though small, it was cozy. It was wonderful to listen to the ocean every night through our open balcony door and to sit over the ocean on our own little private deck.
The food was fabulous; I tossed out all my resolve to watch what I ate before the first sunrise. I found the food in the Garden Cafe fine but my partner didn't want to eat in a "cafeteria atmosphere", so we ate in the specialty restaurants mostly. My only complaint on that score is not having a hot breakfast on the room service menu.
The entertainers were pretty good, but everyone I spoke to had told me there would be a Broadway type show every night. If I hadn't been prepared to expect that, It would have been okay with me.
The crew and staff were very accommodating and all in all, I plan to cruise instead of fly whenever I can.
Thank you all for a terrific experience.
Yours very sincerely,
Clothilde Watkins

Pros: The Ship, The Food

Cons: Couldn't get a hot room service breakfast.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!