Norwegian Crown (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Never again!

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

We have taken other cruises and found this one to be the worse by far. The food was awful, something that came from a wholesale warehouse store, not "award winning" cuisine, that's for sure! No water or beverages provided in the stateroom unless you call room service. Then you could wait up to 30 minutes to get anything. It was quicker to take a walk up to one of the bars. But not all the bars carried water either.

We had an incident where I had booked an appointment in the spa but came down with food poisoning from a restaurant at the Dockyard in Bermuda. I called the day before to cancel because I wasn't sure if I would be over it the day of the appointment. I was told that it would be charged to me anyway because I did not call within 24 hours. Instead it was 22 hours before I was scheduled. I would need a note from the doctor stating I was sick. The doctor wanted to charge me $78 for a visit. From there we went up to the customer service and they said it was out of their hands and called the spa. Again we were given the policy. Finally had to go to the cruise manager and she had to intervene. How dumb that they wouldn't cancel it when I was sick! Finally it got cleared up but we shouldn't have had to go through all that.

Smoking is allowed in the cabins. For smokers, that's probably a plus but for non smokers it's a pain in the neck! The hallways wreak of smoke and it gets under the doors in the staterooms. Also, there is smoking on the walking deck. So as people are walking to stay fit, they are breathing in smoke. For those of us who want to stay fit and healthy, we might as well light up a cigarette while taking a walk. It's the same thing!

The cruise home was a little rough. The ship is small and we were going through 6-9 feet swells. Fortunately we didn't get sick but we pretty much stayed still where we were.

Disembarkation was a disaster! They provided an earlier time for "express" checkout in which you would carry out your own bags. At around 8:30 a.m. they made the announcement over the intercom and there were people coming from every direction, baggage in tow, all headed for the gangplank at the same time. Instead of calling for express checkout by floor or something to avoid the jam up, everyone was struggling to get through elevators and stairwells with their luggage. And then they dropped us off at a different pier so we had to walk to the pier where our car was parked. Of course they didn't let us know that and everyone was running around the parking lots looking for their cars. What a mess! It's worth more money to go with a cruise line that has got it together and provides their customers with the best service and product.

Bermuda was great and we would go back. But next time I think we'll fly after this experience!

Pros: Freestyle, destination

Cons: Everything else.......

Recommends Norwegian Crown (RETIRED)? No.