Norwegian Crown (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Quaint Bermuda Cruise

Sail Date: July 22, 2007

Although a smaller and older ship, service was good and ship was in good shape. I have used Norwegian many times before and like the freestyle dining. Though I felt as if there weren't enough options for 24 hour dining. Only room service, which always stinks on ships. It was very easy to find your way around and you can travel from one end of the ship to another very quickly. I saw a lot of the same people over and over again since it is smaller. There are 5 dining options, which is good for a small ship. But if you want to spend a lot of time on board the ship, there aren't as many entertainment options as the larger ships. I thought the shows were so so, but the comedians were really good. The staff was very accommodating and I found it easier to get a chair on deck while at sea.

Pros: spending so much time in port and being there overnight

Cons: limited outlets, fewer things to do

Recommends Norwegian Crown (RETIRED)? Yes!

Hamilton, Bermuda
Great shopping, but not quite as much as I thought. Can be easily done in a half day. I highly recommend horseback riding trail ride with Spicelands Riding Centre. Horse and carriage ride is really nice. Visit Horseshoe Bay Beach, the best by far along with Elbow Beach. Royal Navaly Dockyard is mostly overrated. The only stores I liked were the Dockyard Clayworks and Glassworks where you can watch local artists at work and buy their pieces. Prices are not bad. Maritime Museum is waste of time. Dolphin Quest is nice. Arts Centre and Craft Market are waste of time. Attended Harbour Nights street festival on Wednesday night with lots of street vendors with nice stuff and a parade with Gombey dancers and a band later on after dark.
Don't Miss: Horseshoe Bay Beach and the drive along the South Shore
Hamilton, Bermuda
Don't Miss: Horseshoe Bay Beach and the drive along the South Shore
St. George's, Bermuda
I could have missed St. George's and been fine with it. There are the Crystal Caves which are amazing and really beautiful. There aren't any great stores. I did not dine in town. There isn't a whole lot to see here. There is a local garden you can tour which is gorgeous.
Don't Miss: Crystal Caves