Norwegian Crown (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

"First Time Cruiser"

Sail Date: May 07, 2006

Room Type: Suite

Just returned from a 7 day cruise aboard the Norwegian Crown and we were overwhemingly pleased with the ship and all it had to offer! Cruising forces you to relax and there were enough options to choose from both on board and ashore everyday. Top-notch staff, great entertainment and delicious food, especially in the Seven Seas Restaurant! We felt the ship was small enough to negotiate but big enough to afford a wonderful first-time experience. Free-style cruising is innovative, allowing us to eat at different times for each meal and to dress up or down as we pleased. Even though it rained for the first 4 days of the cruise, we didn't mind because we had plenty to keep us occupied. We opted for a suite stateroom, which was surprisingly roomy. It had a huge bay window overlooking the ocean or port-views, so I was not closed in as I had worried I might feel. If you can afford it, I would highly recommend this option to anyone who may be wary of a smaller, inside stateroom. Even the bathroom was a good size! The water in the pool was ice-cold and I would have preferred a heated pool, but I was impressed that it was large enough and deep too! There are so many places to sit and lounge, read a good book, play cards or board games, snooze or chat with friends. As well, there are so many places to eat, from the traditional buffet, to the outdoor barbeque or sandwich station, 3 specialty restaurants (Chineses, French or Italian) to the main dining room. This ship may be older and smaller, but it is a good start for the first time cruiser. All I can say is...."I can't wait to go again and as soon as possible!"

Pros: Small ship, with lots to offer; towel animals on the bed each night!

Cons: Flat, tiny pillows on the beds; Staterooms need updated decorating.