Norwegian Crown (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

great staff; unsafe conditions

Sail Date: September 02, 2007

As mentioned above, my son got hurt in the hallway on six - those displays cases unsafely extrude into the hallway and have sharp edges eye-level for children. Only one casement has a bumper. My son still has a blackeye and our pediatrician has us montioring his situation. The hallway on six was crowded at the time with people waiting to go into the 7 Seas Restaurant so my son and I, bound for our room on six (6019), had to move towards the side of the hall to get by where the extruded edge of the case ironically holding a relief of the Three Muses - bringers of joy according to the poet Hesiod - was waiting for him. He slammed his head into the lowest edge of the case. People on line gasped and later a few asked my wife and me about the boy's condition. Thank God he was not blinded. To be frank, I feel like taking legal action although I have never sued anybody in my life and have strong moral scruples against people who wait to sue somebody, so to speak.

On the other hand, my wife and I really were pleased with the staff and the events and the music (Uprysing is excellent, the orchestra - that sax player , the Two Tones OK). Dave the comedian - great as was Pedro. The ship is lucky to have such dedicated staff and crew. Our rooms (we also had 6029) were kept spotless by Noel. Many of the waiters/waitresses were really friendly and prompt (the Seven Seas). Food was good in 7 seas and OK on the buffets.

Pros: the staff is hardworking and friendly (Noel was our room steward, for example; Pedro the director is an excellent guy)

Cons: Unfortunately, my son Michael banged into the casements (art displays) on deck six.

Recommends Norwegian Crown (RETIRED)? No.

We brought 4 year old Michael to the kids center a few times and the staff there is friendly , competent so we were very satisfied with the staff and felt the kids center provided a safe and secure environment.

But as mentioned, the accident he had - that could have easily been prevented had some simple safety/security precautions (bumpers) been taken with those badly placed hallway casements - overwhelmed, even traumatized our return home as you can understand.
St. George's, Bermuda
Tabacco Bay
Don't Miss: snorkeling natural beauty
Hamilton, Bermuda
we would have preferred two days in quiet and simple St George to the two days had in noisey, heavily trafficked, overbuilt Hamilton. Why not 2 days in St George, one in Hamilton?
Don't Miss: Horsehoe Beach of course, Jobson's Cove, Botanical Gardens , the beautiful gardens in Fort Hamiklton.