Norwegian Crown (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Bermuda

Best cruise in a long time

Sail Date: July 15, 2007

This was our 4th cruise. We cruised with 20 other people -- 12 adults, 12 kids!!! Everyone made it a trip to remember!!!

Pros: the staff was extremely friendly, small boat - great boat & Bermuda is beautiful

Cons: would have liked to be at sea a little more!!

Recommends Norwegian Crown (RETIRED)? Yes!

Having a boat on the smaller side was great -- easy to find everyone at any time. Being on the island of Bermuda for 3 1/2 days, you really didn't need a huge & spectacular ship. The Crown was plenty for us. If it was any bigger or had anymore to offer, I think I would have felt as if I missed something, because you are on the island for 3 1/2 days. This way I feel as though I got the most out of the ship. It gave all of us a vacation to remember!!
At first, we had a problem getting reservations for the Pasta Cafe because we were such a large group. But within 1 day, the Manager of Food & Beverage arranged a special reservation for us and made us feel special.
we were 4 people in an inside cabin....not the biggest, but we were there to have fun.... not sit in the cabin.
Everyone was very friendly. By the 2nd evening one waiter knew my name and the name of my cocktail --- he was our friend for the whole trip!!! Again, our hands were never without a drink, very accommodating. And also, the Manager who arranged our reservations went above and beyond!!! Our stewards knew to look out for all the children in our hall (11 kids, 11 -16yrs in 1 hallway!!!)
shows at the top of the crown were fun!!! I especially loved the activities out on deck by the pool at night.
St. George's, Bermuda
kayaking was the best!! great tour guides. also the catamaran tour with unlimited rum swizzles!!!!
Hamilton, Bermuda
horseshoe bay -- beautiful!!!! We had great weather and enjoyed all beaches all 3 days!