Breakaway was Very Much Enjoyed!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Breakaway

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 26, 2017

Ship: Norwegian Breakaway

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 9810

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

3rd time on Breakaway - overall did not disappoint. Pricey but excellent Wi-Fi. Lose some weight before going because drinks and dining are Excellent, Shows are Great, and the ship offers a huge variety of restaurants and most will not disappoint.

Embarkation

Embarkation went very fast for us, in part do to are Platinum membership

Ship experiences

Breakaway biggest asset is its numerous restaurants you have many choices to where you can dine. Although we were disappointed in Cagney's we found all the other special dining restaurants to be excellent. However many are switching and charging ala carte which could make dining expensive. The non paying restaurants were good but I was upset by one server who served us margaritas with salt when I asked for them without. I asked her to replace the drink and not just remove the salt from rim. She returned in less than 3 minutes and told me they were new drinks. Person clearly lied we could taste the salt in the drink and put them aside. I had the drink package so I order something else from another server. If I had her name I'd post it - this is disappointing and it's an example how one person can have a negative effect, and it did.

Shaker's Cocktail Bar

Excellent Drinks & Service

Fantastic filet mignon - excellent service: by Stafford D'souza

We did not repeat seeing shows this time, but we have seen them all on our past cruises on the Breakaway and they are Excellent.

If there was one major negative it would be the fact that the atrium appears to be too small for the amount of people on board. This seems to be the center of entertainment for most and the dance floor is actually crowded with the extra seating and makes it very difficult if you wish to dance. The Entertainment however was very good.

Outside of one instant where server lied to us the service was excellent.

Found ship to be very clean.

Mini Suite enough room, smaller than other ships, but one of the best bathrooms ever with super nice shower (multi heads sprays).

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Disembarkation

Very easy disembarkation and very nice that you can remain in room until called to disembark