Breakaway Bad Pool Deck

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Bermuda - New York
Sail Date: August 28, 2016
Cabin Type: Suite

This was my umpteenth trip to Bermuda.  It is a wonderful place to visit: easy to travel in, very friendly people, safe, and beautiful beaches.  This was my fourth cruise on the Breakaway, and try as I might, I cannot love this ship.  I have cruised many times on various lines and ships and the Breakaway is the largest of them.  It is also the ship with the smallest pool and the most cramped pool area.  All of the usual silly games and music activities that occur poolside are almost impossible to participate in because there is no room.  What were the designers thinking?  What does make this ship enjoyable is the friendliness of the crew, from Dan Dan, the cruise director, and Luz, his assistant, to Irma and JuanCho, bartenders, to the guest services people, all are friendly and welcoming.  I would go back just to see them again!

Cleanliness was ok, but balconies are smaller than on other ships, and there are no spaces for quiet reading or just sitting and watching the sea. For example, the library is located in the atrium, the site of noisy activities all day long.

Cabin was adequate, but balcony was small. No drawers, but open shelves for clothing. Really don't like undies exposed. The shower is great!

Go see "Burn the Floor" and take the group dance lessons with the cast.