Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Vacation Cut Short

Sail Date: August 28, 2016

My expectations were very high.  I had never cruised before and heard how beautiful and state-of-the-art this ship was.  I was overwhelmed by the amount of people on the ship.  It seemed all 4000 passengers wanted to swim in the 10 X 20 foot pool at the same time. Getting up at 6:30 am to put towels on lounge chairs was not my idea of a vacation!!  Additionally, the jogging track should not be on the same floor as the lounge chairs.  Putting it in an area where people are strolling back and forth to the pool was poor planning.  Every time we got up to go to the pool, we either got run over, or had to dodge the oncoming runners.  The staff was not overly friendly or helpful (except for the housekeeping staff).  The bars were crowded and the bartenders were very slow to make your drink.  Dinner became monotonous as every restaurant served virtually the same food every night.  Waiting for a bowl of fruit for an hour was ridiculous and a waste of valuable time.  We had to leave Bermuda 8 hours early due to an impending storm, which I understand for safety reasons; however, we were not compensated for anything but our excursion which we missed out on.  NCL could have at least opened up wifi for free to their customers for an hour so we could have notified our families that we were heading back early and that we were okay.  Everything seemed to have an upcharge... We were charged $13.50 a day per person for some ridiculous fee.  That added up quickly by the end of the week... This was my first and probably my last cruise I'll ever take with NCL.

Much easier than expected.
Bermuda was beautiful; however, all 4000 passengers seemed to be at the same beach- Horseshoe Bay.
Our steward Michael was excellent! The housekeeping staff were the only ones who engaged fully with the passengers and seemed genuinely happy to be there.