Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Second Mate

Great Cruise

Sail Date: August 23, 2015

Cabin: 11896 11898

This is my 5th cruise and the newest ship I have been on.  I had connecting balcony rooms on the 11th floor.  The balconies are very small.  If you sit on the chair your knees touch the glass. In general I find Norwegian ships to have the smallest cabins.  Rooms are smaller and have less storage room than the Carnival Victory which is 14 years old.   That being said, the 2 rooms were perfect for a family of 5.  On the Breakaway a family of 5 can not fit in a balcony room so I was forced to get 2 rooms to have a balcony but it was well worth it to have the extra bathroom!  The food was good.  We ate in the specialty restaurants, Cagneys, Moderno and Teppanyaki.  All were great.  Service in Teppanyaki was not the best.  It is very hard to get a lounge chair near the pool if you are not there by 9am.  This ship should really have more chairs to accommodate the amount of people on board. The burgers at O'Sheehans are the same as the ones in Taste and Savor, nothing great.  Rock of ages is great but not appropriate for children under 17.  Cirque dreams was excellent and great for the whole family ($$).  Burn the floor was OK but put me to sleep.  The Second City Comedy Club was awesome!! Bring magnetic hooks for the room, put on the walls so you can hang things up.  There is a glow party on board.  Bring white clothes for this event.  It's a lot of fun.  Ropes course is awesome, bring sneakers or you will not be allowed on.  The camera on the plank is no good, horrible images and you have to go through everyone's photo to find your own.  Rock climbing provides shoes.  The Slide Spider Mountain requires socks and has a 120lb max weight restriction.  The water slide where the floor drops has a 100lb min requirement.

Very clean. Casino should be in front of ship not middle so you don't have to walk through smoke filled room.
Bermuda is beautiful. Take a cab to horseshoe beach ($40 with tip), bus is cheaper but cab rider better.
Plenty to do for the kids.
Entourage is 13-17 yrs old but on my cruise it was mostly 17 yr olds. Not good for my 13 and 15yr olds.
All staff was friendly and nice.
Specialty restaurants were great!

Your room key controls the lights and electricity in your cabin, so once you leave the room with your key any devices you have plugged in to charge will stop charging. Go to customer service and get a guest door card which you can leave in the room all the time.

1 Comment