Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Staff was excellent, ship "OK"

Sail Date: September 21, 2014

Cabin: 9441

For the size of this ship there should have been more to do. They lacked a lot of entertainment around the pool area which was to small for such a large vessel. My children are 13 & 15 and they were banned from sitting in the adult pool in the middle of the ship which is where the entertainment was, even though there was also another area for adults in the back of the ship. They were to old for the kiddie pool which was closed 2 out of the 7 days.  The atrium area was poorly designed to accommodate 4000+ passengers. I was disappointed that there was no movie theater in this ship other than in the atrium which was opened to the restaurant and other loud activities.  The casino was in the middle of the ship which you had to go through to get around, the smoke was nauseating.

We have cruised on many different ships and would prefer smaller ships as this ship had difficulty in accommodating the numerous guest.  Other than the buffet which was "ok" there was only 4 restaurants out of more than 20, all others charge a fee.  The 3 main (freestyle) restaurants all had the same menu, the food was ok, service was standard and the wait for food was as long as 1 hour (I do like the open/freestyle dining).  Very disappointing was the fact that there was no place to snack after 11:30pm unless you paid for room service.  O'Sheeran's which had a limited menu was open 24 hrs at no cost, there was no ice cream after 11:30p.

Entertainment was ok nothing like other cruises we were on.  There was even a charge for one of the shows something that should have been included, other than that the same 2 shows repeated throughout the week.  The water slides were excellent even though they broke down one day. Teen lounge was amazing according to my daughter.

One other negative for me was the cabin size (both inside and balcony). This was the smallest inside cabin we have ever seen (half of the size of Disney Magic), it was the size of a large over size closet, reminded me of a navy ship. Had to walk sideways and duck when getting out of bed and walking to the bottom of the bed, as there were bunks overhead. The closet was about a third the size we've had on other ships. No sitting or changing area, only 2 outlets in the cabin none in the bathroom. Cabin stewards were good.  Balcony rooms were smaller then other cruise ships but was definitely much better then the inside cabin. Hallways were really narrow (single file only). The front desk staff (Johnny Romano) went out if his way to move us after 3 days, they included a bottle of wine and one free dining in a specialty restaurant, but would not include soda.  The ship "nickel and dimes" you for everything and I MEAN EVERYTHING .  Boarding and disembarking went smooth, elevators had minimal wait.  I probably would not cruise on the Breakaway again but would try other Norwegian ships based on the professionalism of the staff.  3 ships that I would recommend would be Disney, Carnival, and Costa.

Inside cabin was an over size closet
Johnny Romano (Supervisor of Guest Relations), cabin stewards
Charge for one show, 2 other shows repeated throughout the week, Fire & Ice loud and manicky
Teen zone as per my daughter
Minimal Activities
Bermuda was nice, excursions overpriced
New York, New York
Parking was way over priced at $40/day

Bring a lot of money as they nickel and dime you for everything.