Norway (RETIRED) Cruise Review

My husband and I had a great time cruising the Caribbean on the S/S Norway. The food in the dining room was great as well as the service. I especially loved the variety of entrees, etc. I tried things that I might never have in a regular restaurant because I knew that if I didn't like it I could get something else. The soups were especially good. There was a good amount of activities onboard when we were at sea (3 days total). We took advantage of dance lessons (swing, cha-cha, waltz, etc.), margarita and daquari tastings and karaoke, to name a few. Free ice cream was cool, too. I was very impressed with the measures they took to keep germs from spreading. They offered sanitary wipes everytime we got on the ship. Also, guests were not allowed to take any food from the buffet. They had a person there with gloves on to get whatever you wanted and put it on your plate, even ketchup packets. There were some things that I did not like. First, embarkation was very slow. Second, the food in the outdoor buffet was often lukewarm or cold. Third, I absolutely hated the tender boats to go ashore. Oh, the lines are long and the loading and unloading of guests is terribly slow as well. I was jealous of the guests on the other cruise ships who simply had to step out onto the dock right from their cruise ship. However, I gave this cruise ship a 4 because we did have an excellent time, especially for the great price that we paid. For people who have cruised before on more modern ships, you may not like some of the same things that I did not like, however this is an elegant ship (used to be an oceanliner) and you can get a good price on a room. But know that it will probably be a different experience than a cruise on a modern ship. For those who have never cruised, I highly recommend that you try this one before you cruise a modern ship because I think that a modern ship will spoil you. I am looking forward to a modern cruise ship myself!