Norway (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was my husband and my second cruise on the Norway with groups of friends/family. We went July 21-28. Embarkation/Disembarkation:We had no problems here. We even had one member in our group whose picture ID was stolen, but, the security and the reservations employees were very helpful and since he had a copy of the police report and his birth certificate and driver's license number, he was permitted to board. Our boarding process took only about 30 minutes from start to finish. We got to the port about 12:00 noon. The ship's photographer made the guy without the photo ID a new ID using his birth certificate so that he would not have trouble boarding the ship the rest of the cruise. We were off the ship by 10:00 and we went on the last call.Cabins: My husband and I had a Sky deck suite and it was great! We had a beautiful view with floor-to-ceiling windows and a king size bed, plenty of closet and drawer space and bathroom space. We were greated with a bottle of wine and a fruit tray from the NCL staff. We also received chocolates and chocolate-covered strawberries later in the week, compliments of Denny, the cruise director. We also had robes which were very nice, and a small refrigerator. The other group members' cabins varied a lot. I would highly recommend you check the square footage when you make your reservation. Being on the Sky deck is definitely the way to go. I would pay the extra couple hundred dollars and get the upgrades if available at the time of booking. Food Service:I thought the food was very good in the dining rooms and in the Great Outdoor restaurant. We ate breakfast in the dining room a couple of times too. I have no complaints about food quality. My husband is a very picky eater and our waiter at dinner was so good to make special arrangements with his food. For the amount of work these people had to do--we were pleased with their service. I can't really complain about anything.Entertainment: We really enjoyed the Jean Ann Ryan company and their shows. Each cruise on NCL, we have never been disappointed. The commedians were good too. I would like to hear more music by the pools and on the decks during the day.Since we were with a group, our travel agent had arranged for each cabin in our group to receive a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, a free group 8x10 photo, a cocktail party for just our group, and $50 shipboard credit. That was all great! We had no problems with any of that. Concierge: We used Caron to arrange our tender service. She allowed us to invite our group to participate. We tipped her at the end of the week for the group. It was nice not having to worry about getting tickets. The tenders are slow and it's hot sitting waiting to get off. But--hey when you're in the Caribbean, we expect to be hot! Fitness Center: My husband and I got the Motion on the Ocean shirts by running 21 laps and going to the fitness activities. We had fun participating in the program. Brenden and Nina were great. Other: We just had a great time. No major complaints at all. We found it to be clean in most areas. The public restrooms were clean, but a little smelly. If you're middle class family or group and you want a nice vacation without paying over $1,000 per person for a cruise, I would recommend this for you. My 6-year-old neice had a great time too. We had people in their 20's, 30's, and 50's on this cruise. Everyone had a good time. The islands are beautiful ( We'd love to have had more time on St. Thomas/St. John and on Great Stirrup Cay. We're beach and shopping lovers, and it's hard to do both in the short time. You will find something to do for everyone. We talked to a lot of people on the ship and didn't hear any major complaints at all.