Norway (RETIRED) Cruise Review

Second Mate

First, to give a brief synopsis of the kind of person who is giving this review: I'm a 25 year old female, have been on 5 cruises with the Norway being my 5th and was sailing with my boyfriend. Now, for the review. My boyfriend and I booked this cruise on line and did not book our airfare through NCL. This had made me a bit nervous initially because I knew they would not hold the ship since we booked it this way if there were any plane delays. However, we were very careful to have early morning flights should we experience these delays and everything turned out just fact our flight was early (whew!)! We took a taxi to the ship and I must say that I was impressed with it upon arrival. It looked like a true ocean liner...good enough for a classic movie. I would rate embarkation as "Good" not "Great". The ticketing line wasn't bad and went pretty quickly. But I felt that the boarding line could have been handled somewhat better. There was an older employee keeping track of who was a Latitudes member (who could board earlier than the rest of us) and who wasn't. IF someone became confused as to which line was which, the man could be somewhat rude in shooing you back into your appropriate line. But all in all...not a bad process. We arrived at the port at 11:15 (early) and were on the ship by 12:15. As we boarded the ship, a very nice NCL employee pointed us to our room.