Less than I expected

Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: December 01, 2013
Ship: Noordam
Based on reviews of the ship and previous experiences with Holland America I went with high expectations. The ship did not live up to those expectations although in fairness it was an enjoyable cruise. The reasons for disappointment are listed below. Luckily we mainly pick cruises based on ports of call.

I do not consider their open seating true open seating. You will almost always be seated with a large group\, service will be slow. We arrived at 6:00 pm and went without dessert to make an 8:00 pm show twice.

This was a 10 night cruise and I was disappointed with the lack of variety of the shows at night. The ship dancers and singers were good but they only brought in two entertainers from off the ship.

Pros: Best Lido dining and I don't like eating in LIdo rertaurants.

Cons: The dining room service is too SLOWWW! Lack of variety in entertainment.

Recommends Noordam? Yes!