Forgettable Cruise

Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

11 Night Southern Caribbean Wayfarer (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 13, 2012
Ship was very beautiful, but an unfriendly main desk and begruntled crew detracted from its beauty.

Food in pinnacle was very good, not excellent. Food in main dining room was good. Lido was average, but the meals we had in Canaletto were atrocious --a total let down! We had open seating and that was very convenient.

Unfriendly front desk. Begruntled crew, overworked and tired, working under unsatisfactory conditions.

Ship was too large for my liking. There were many disabled people on board. Lido restaurant was not clean -- crumbs and dropped food under tables. We were not impressed.

We were under the Lido deck and were awakened at 5 each morning, and sometimes at 4, by banging of tables bring dropped into place and chairs being dragged from one place to the next. Our neighbours smoked on their verandahs, preventing me from enjoying mine, since I am allergic to smoke. My next door neighbour smoked a pipe! My complaints revealed that smokers rights prevailed over mine.

Pros: Ports of call

Cons: Cabin location, being awakened at 5 am each morning by noise upstairs on Lido Deck, smoking on verandahs.

Recommends Noordam? No.