Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Less than perfect trip

Sail Date: January 05, 2008

Beautiful, brand new ship. Impressive facilities, rides well in rough weather. Entertainment excellent, ports of call worth seeing. River tubing in Dominica poor due to low water levels during dry season. Should be made known to future passengers. Turtle snorkle in Barbados fun. ATV adventure in St Martin an absolute BLAST !!!!!

Pros: ship's service staff and entertainment

Cons: noise in cabin and management staff

Recommends Noordam? Yes!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Sea turtle swim was fun. Trip to the beach was a nice touch with towed rides. Catamaran operator was great, super rum punch!
Don't Miss: Sea turtle swim
Roseau, Dominica
Beautiful mountainous terrain. Do not do river tubing in dry season, waste of time. I assume it would be a blast with the river running more than calf high. If I ever return I would dive in Scott's Head, Soufriere Marine Reserve.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Second visit to this port, ok shopping, pricier than other islands. Paid for an island tour at the dock. Could not understand the driver, speaker in rear muffled and distorted. Ruined the tour. $25 per person for 2 hours. Still did not go to Magans Bay beach.
Don't Miss: Next time I will get to Magans Bay beach.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
I love Tortola, my second visit. Too short (6 hrs) and late arrival (3PM) to do much here. Took a tour of the island independent of ship. $15 per person, great driver, very funny, lots of fun.
Don't Miss: If you have time Brewers Bay superb for snorkeling. Better than some dives I have paid $$ for.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Best port on this itinerary in my opinion. Beautiful, scenic, beaches, best shopping. ATV adventure an absolute BLAST!!! My kids said it was one of the top five things they have done. Good tour operator. Trip to the beach included.
Don't Miss: ATV adventure
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Don't Miss: ATV adventure
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Again a very short (6hr) port call. Arrival of 7AM on a Sunday morning USELESS. Shops do not open until 9:30 (a few) to 10:30 (more). Beautiful, scenic, clean (Old San Juan). I don't feel like I even visited here because it was so rushed.
Don't Miss: I have heard El Yunque rain forest tour is worth the trip for $39
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Next time I will get to Magans Bay beach.
San Juan, Puerto Rico