Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

just another cruise

Sail Date: December 17, 2008

ship was nice but not very luxurious like other Holland America ships we been on, my husband was very sick 8 out of the 10 days cruise due to a severe cough that appears to be a epidemic around the entire ship, everybody was coughing on the buffet line and them touching the serving utensils, so base on that i can tell that my cruise on the Noordam was not enjoyable. Also they have a new system at the lido buffet that sucks, while my husband was sick i decide to skip dinner at the dinning room and went to the lido deck buffet for a quick bite and have stand on the line for 20 minute (while people were coughing all around me) to give my order to a guy standing on a podium in the middle of the line and them he ask me to sit a table and wait another 10 minute to get my food. so those are my only complaints. If you manage to stay out of the lido buffet i think you stand a good chance of having a nice vacation.

Pros: the service in the dinning room was great

Cons: their new system at the lido deck buffet

Recommends Noordam? Yes!

nice, but not very luxurious
Those guys are great!, and always ready to please you.
we did not go to the shows often but the Christmas day show was wonderful. the activity area need improvement there were not enough thing to do for people that just wanted to stay on board during port days, not even the bingo was advertised. the cruise director lack some creativity
excellent service at the dinning room and great food, also having the open sitting option works very good.
There is always someone ready to help you.
My 14 year old daughter seems to enjoy playing guitar hero at the loft even thou they hardly follow the printed schedule, i think she had a good time.
Fort-De-France, Martinique
Soufriere, St. Lucia
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Castries, St. Lucia
Bridgetown, Barbados
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
great time on the island, we booked a horse back riding tour and enjoyed every second of it, the guys that work with horses were wonderful, nice and very helpful, really lots of fun!. food was good too!
Basseterre, St. Kitts