Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Floating Retirement Home

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

Well to begin I am a experience cruiser at the age of 19 I have been on 11 cruises. From celebrity to carnival norwegian and This ship was far the worst ship I have been on. When we arrived on the ship it was awesome. Myself and my roomate from school went exploring it took all of one day to realize that this ship is for people between the ages 60 -100. I seemed like we were the only ones our age and almost every five feet we were trying to be sold something. This went on only the first day. The second day we went to see what activities we had. NOTHING my idea of fun isn't spanish coffee time at 9 30 in the morning. The barstaff casino staff and room stewards were the nicest people on the ship. I got stuck behind a hoveround or rascal almost twice a day. Not to mention the NORWALK VIRUS which was on the ship before we boarded and were not informed of. We couldn't touch anything not our food silverware salt cups elevator buttons ANYTHING. It was a task to try and stay on the ship for the duration of the cruise.

Cons: Almost everything

Recommends Noordam? No.

11th deck buffet was horrible I got tired of eating BLT's everyday. It was the same food day after day. However the vista dining room was our escape for peace and good food. Plus we had hilarious casual conversation on numerous occasions with the food service staff
Very nice ship just not for the younger crowd....
This ship was downright Awful for entertainment. THERE WAS NOTHING TO DO. If your of the ages of 15-35 DO NOT GO ON THIS SHIP
The ship staff were awesome great conversation with them. I got mad at a lot of the passengers, if you have ever cruised before you know the staffs english is no a good as many people may want it to be but the passengers were just so rude ...and i heard this everyday...."yeeessss I wooouuullldddd liiike a TURRRKEYYY SAAAANDWIIIIICH" And i just wanted to smack them. But every staff member was awesome with the exception of the white suits. they were rude disrespectful and had the aura of boastfulness about them whenever they would talk to the other ships staff
as usual staterooms not for big fella's being 6'2 230 lbs it was difficult for me to move around. When the couch was pulled out at night you couldn't get onto the balcony and when i needed to use the bathroom I had to go outside and open the bathroom door from the hallway so i could fit through the space. Our cabin steward was exceptional. Nice towel animals which I always look for it seemed everytime we left he came in and cleaned something.