Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Outstanding Ship & Itinerary

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

This Holland America ship is beautiful and super clean. The rooms were larger than I expected for a Stateroom with Balcony and had a full shower and tub. Lots of closet space and all my four pieces of large luggage fit under the bed. The Pinnacle Grill service and food was absolutely top rate. Overall the regular dining room food was very good considering the number of people they are cooking for. Wish the Casino was larger. Not enough slot machines forcing people to stand in line to get one. Excursions were very good and well planned. Ship staff and service were outstanding. Restrooms beautiful and clean with no paper towels, but real cloth towels for each user. Entertainment was very good, but no big Vegas shows. Will plan another cruise on this great ship in the future. The ship is large, but not too large. Although not a "Mega Ship," this is one big boat I would travel anywhere in the world on. Just wish the crowd was a younger set.

Pros: Great service and staff, beautiful ship, good food and entertainment, great itinerary

Cons: The passengers were a lot older - Most between 50 and 60. Ship store was a waste.

Recommends Noordam? Yes!

The ship facilities and decor are outstanding. Restrooms were clean and exceptional. Staff seen cleaning every inch of the ship day and night. The ship store was nearly useless. The ship requires all these formal dress nights, but when my wife ripped her hose, the entire ship store had only 6 pair of panty hose to supply hundreds of women, with none in he color or size. Store had mostly tourist junk, not practical things to support passenger practical needs or escursions -- like waterproof cameras, and other stuff.
Well, the quality of food is relative depending upon one's experience and perspective. I'm spoiled and eat at upscale establishments weekly. However, I found the food to be generally very good with the exception of desserts, some of which failed miserably such as the Butterscotch Sundae with no butterscotch. That really set me off. Their upscale Pinnacle Grill had outstanding food and service. No major complaints,and I was quite happy.
Stateroom with Balcony was excellent in decor, size, amenities and comfort. I could not ask for more. Nice large comfortable bed and ample amenities.
The entertainment that they had was very good, especially in the Piano bar where we had a lot of good music, singing and drinks. However, they need more varied activities matched to a better schedule. They had some odd activities that drew minimal attendance.
Not that many children on this ship, and I did not notice any great special programs for the few that were on the ship. There are special entertainment rooms for the kids where they can hide out, play games, and have fun.
They staff was unusually helpful and friendly, and will help you with all your needs. For example, at lunch in the buffet dining room, I had to nearly wrestle my tray out of the hands of a service worker who insisted that he carry my tray to my table for me. I just finished up 24 years in the military and I'm in good shape! I give the staff high ratings for this Premium cruise line.