Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Best vacation to date!

Sail Date: July 16, 2016

This was a great ship with an awesome itinerary. The staff on the Niew Amsterdam was amazing. Everyone was so welcoming and their smiles were broad and seemed to be sincere. I selected this trip due to the itinerary which included Glacier Bay and Skagway. I was a little underwhelmed with Glacier Bay - it was OK. If I go to Alaska again, I will not into a stop at Glacier Bay. The train trips out of Skagway were great! The views are incredible. The evening entertainment was a little weak. Each act performed twice so there was not a lot of variety. Holland America has a great embarkation and disembarkation processes. The lines kept moving and the whole this was very organized. I was impressed with the full breakfast on disembarkation day as well as the fact that we signed up for a disembarkation time and could wait in a public area or in our room until that time. It was so great not to be rushed out of the room in the morning. The ship sailed out of Vancouver but we flew into Seattle and took the Amtrak Cascades from Seattle to Vancouver. The train was a very slow way to go. We took the bus on the return trip - much nicer than the train.

Tons of storage, nice size room and balcony.

Get the Explore4 package ahead of time. It's quite pricey to by the drink package on the ship.

1 Comment