8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip) Sail Date: March 19, 2016 Ship: Navigator of the Seas Cabin Type: Inside Cabin Number:7677 Traveled As: Family (young children) Reviewed: 2 years ago
I LOVED the cruise. I felt so special and taken care of. I really didn't want to leave.
- The ports of call were also amazing! My favorites were Labadee and St. Maarten. They were so clean and beautiful.
- The food was DELICIOUS! It was really well done for great volumes.
- The entertainment was great! The comedian, ice skating, and music shows were so entertaining and fun.
- RC thinks of EVERYTHING. On the days we cruised, they provided poolside pool so everyone can stay where they are and keep having fun.
- The Navigator of the Seas is a little small for an 8 day trip however. During the two days we cruised back, EVERYONE was out at the pool and there just wasn't enough space. That was a huge disappointment.
- It would have been nice to have other areas to eat. We only had 2 options for sit down; the Sapphire dining and Windjammer. The food got a little monotonous after a while.
- It would have been nice to have more things to do on the ship like ziplining or fun things for the whole family and not just individual age groups.
Food and Dining
5 out of 5
It would be nice to have more food options. Thank you so much for the poolside dining. It was delicious!
1 out of 5
5 out of 5
The ice skating was amazing! The comedian was super funny! Thank you Jeffrey for such a great line-up! The only one that wasn't as entertaining was the ballroom dancing. The semi-professional couple was great! The other dancers took away from the show versus adding to it.
Service and Staff
5 out of 5
The crew was so nice and friendly! They really make me feel spoiled. There were a few individuals who I wanted to call out: Henry my state attendant (room 7677-7683), the piano player at the 8pm seating, Ricky one of my dining attendants, the nice lady who made sure we all purelled our hands and stayed healthy (washy washy lady). There were a lady at the WindJammer who made my elderly asian parents feel discriminated against. She asked my husband (a white male) if he wanted coffee and not my parents who were sitting at the same table. When they told her they wanted coffee, she ignored them, brought my husband his coffee. And when they asked again, she again walked off. I don't know her name except she is a young black lady with long hair that was put into a bun.
3 out of 5
It was very clean and I LOVED it. I think the boat could be bigger and provide more activities.
Cabin / Stateroom
5 out of 5
I love Henry! He is so attentive. He even knows when we were in the rooms so if we were taking an afternoon nap, he knew not to come into the room. He is AMAZING!
I really didn't know what a private island meant but after going to Labadee, here are some tips:
- if you want some light shopping, take the bus and go all the way to the end. (it's not that far)
- if you want to play in the water, there's an area next to to the gold section and not the large stretch of beach.
- It's hot so spend a few dollars on some shade on the sand
- try the drink! the special coco loco/labadee drink. It's my new favorite!
- lunch is totally provided and delicious!
I booked a dolphin excursion and I didn't realize other people can come without participating in the dolphin excursion. I also didn't' realize we could have different people in our group participating in different activities with the dolphins at the same time.
We booked a private tour which was really a taxi driver on his time off driving us around giving us the history. But it was fun! Although next time since I got the history I would go directly to Marigot for shopping and pastries and to Bikini Beach.
*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.
Every Wednesday you'll receive the latest articles, deals, and news from the Cruiseline.com team, plus tips and photos submitted by our vibrant community of diehard cruisers. You'll also get a free gift — a downloadable, printable PDF of our guide to cruising!
Sign up for weekly cruise deals.
Join other subscribers and get the best cruise deals of the week in your inbox every Thursday.