Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We hate Royal carribian

Sail Date: July 12, 2015

Cabin: 7745

I had a horrible experience with Royal Carribean this past week. My wife and I were supposed to sail with the Navigator of the Seas on July 12th but unfortunately  we were not allowed the board the ship.

When we booked the cruise, we were advised to bring one form of identification with us, namely our passports. So we thought the passport was sufficient. I was not informed that I was supposed to bring my green card.

This cruise was supposed to be our first cruise experience and we were very excited. Our luggage had already been taken aboard the ship and our luggage was never returned to us. They asked us to wait for our luggage after we were denied entry to sail, but it was never returned to us. We waited for close to two hours before we were told the it was probably still on the ship and we would have to wait another week to get it when the ship comes back. The employees seemed the least bit bothered, even when I asked them several times (as it was getting close to the ship's leaving time) if they could check on the luggage or pass on a message so we would get it before the ship leaves as all our belongings were in it. They just told me that if the ship left, the luggage would be gone and that’s it! When it was time for the staff to leave, they told us to wait outside for our luggage and as soon as we exited the building, the doors were locked and we were not allowed back in. Finally a port police truck gave us a ride to our car in the parking lot.

This was our first experience with the Royal Carribbean and it was extremely disappointing. We didn’t get a good experience with the crew at the pier and also the Royal Caribbean customer service was very rude to us. What was supposed to be our trip ended up being us waiting in line for four hours only to watch my wife cry her eyes out. Now we are stuck in Houston for a week with not even a change of clothes.

We are emotionally and mentally distraught and we called the cruise line to help us in this situation by giving us a compensation for our trip, either by cruise credit or giving our money back, but they were not willing to help us. Considering that Royal Caribbean a popular cruise liner, their customer service is one of the worst in the world. They are very rude and not willing to help their customers.  We drove 10 hours from Oklahoma to Galveston to board the ship, and now we have to wait in Galveston this entire week to receive our luggage once the ship comes back. All our clothes, laptop and camera are in the luggage and we had to book a hotel to wait for our luggage. This trip has put a strain on us both emotionally and financially, this week was supposed to be one of the most joyous occasions in our life, but unfortunately it turned out to be a disaster.