Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Discrimination against the Deaf

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

Upon booking our cruise I notified the cruise line informing them I was traveling with my soon to be fiance\, whom suffered a severe hearing loss. The cruise line assured me there would be effective communication available on board in order for her to enjoy the on-board entertainment and be available for announcements and other vital information. This was not available when we inquired at guest services\, further we were told to travel when the ship is chartered by the deaf. I was completely offended and would not recommend this cruise line.
Second the ship changed its port of call in Jamaica\, which left us without being able to attend our shore excursion\, which we still have not been refunded.

Last the food was sub par. On numerous evenings the food failed to meet the depth of flavor I am used to experiencing aboard Princess Cruises. For example the Lobster bisque had a slight lobster flavor\, but fell flat on the pallet no balance or distinguishable seasoning. On several occasions the \" cold milk \" did not meet industry standards for proper food handling\, this the temperature of the milk was above 42 degrees and remained in the \"temperature danger zone\" for more than the allotted time\, endangering the health of its patrons.

Last\, my partner was exposed to an airborne stomach virus while on-board even though the ship had sanitize stations located at the dining facilities. She was quarantined for 25 hrs and room service failed to meet the diet recommended by the Dr. on-board\, they were uncooperative and at times came across as if they did not want to service the guests; another guest had complained to the nurse about the same while we were waiting to be seen.

Save yourself the $ and aggregation and Cruise a different line.

Pros: The people we met

Cons: No American Sign Language

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? No.

Accessibility for everyone with special needs except the deaf. They recommended she use headphones is like giving a quadriplegic crutches and the Blind glasses.
The ship crew failed miserably making us feel as though we were imposing on their time by asking questions\, not informed and very rude on several occassions.