Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time sailers

Sail Date: August 17, 2014

The experience my family and I had with Royal Caribbean as first time sailers was not what we expected or was use too as many of us have sailed before. There were 10 people in my party including myself. 7 of us have sailed before were as  3 of us were first time sailers. In the past we have used Carnival, so our expectations were high. Our sail date was August 17, my 42 birthday. My family and I were suppose to have our dinning set for the family to be together to celebrate my birthday and a cake was suppose to be ordered.When we checked in my family and I were scattered all offer the dinning room and in different locations. Also my cake wasn't ordered.I was advised by the person on the 4th floor to celebrate my birthday the next night or to have my family and I to go on another floor and dine somewhere else. On tope of that the room service was awful .  We ordered room service sever times and never received it, or when we did receive it, it wasn't what we ordered. We have never had to pay for room service if we order between the hours of 12 am and 5am. For the size of the ship there wasn't staff. We also have never been on a cruise where we had to eat the same foods for 7 days in a row. We knew what we were going to have for breakfast lunch and dinner. We also have not had it were after 9pm access to food was limited. Also when your on vacation it is suppose to be a time for family and fun. Not for every one that is 17 and under to be in by 1am. Last but not least, the adult after hours entertainment was very limited. The only after-hours entertainment was our young people of todays music. There was no rhythm and Blues, Jazz, of any other kind of entertainment which we were use to on our previously sailed cruises with Carnival. Now the ship itself overall was beautiful The scenery, the design and many other features were great. But the service topped it off as terrible.

Our dinning staff was great. They made up for some of the other bad services we received.
Not enough!
Not enough for some age groups.

There isn't enough food selection.