Royal Caribbean needs to upgrade and retrain their staff

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

7 Night Eastern Mediterranean (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 27, 2013
Cabin Number: GTY

I sailed with RC years ago and had the best experience. I looked forward to a repeat performance and was appalled by the substandard treatment we received. A friend fell in the dining room and the staff just stood and either watched or kept working-no help was offered. On a formal dress night in the dining room, my spinach was full of sand and sent back to the kitchen to be replaced by broccoli as the chef discovered that the spinach was defintely all sandy. Several times I requested items from different staff (easy requests) but the staff appeared to be put out by my requests (i.e. my husband and I wanted to eat alone for breakfast and were brusquely informed to sit in the chair until we could be accommodated. We waited 5-10 minutes and then were seated at a dirty table with stains and hair on the tablecloth.). At breakfast one morning in the dining room, we were not treated to coffee refills or the bakery tray in 45 minutes. Finally, we found our server and made these requests. People seated after us at another table, received their food and finished their food before ours came. These were just a few of our experiences. Many of the staff were great but it seems that a lot of them could use a course in how to treat passengers and make their experience a positive one.

Magic is not doing a Rubik's cube blindfolded.

Do your walks in the late evening as it seems no one else is on the deck and you can walk without being hindered at a brisk pace.

Unless you take an excursion, there is not much here.
Nothing to see or do but shop downtown-not in the port city.