Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

Ship hopelessly out of date

Sail Date: June 02, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We sailed on the Navigator of the Seas, June 2 from Rome. The food was, at best, so so and the shows were mediocre and the facilities were lacking in almost every respect. Along with many other features on the Navigator of the Sea, the internet system is hopelessly out of date. It's obvious that their system has not been updated since the ship was launched. I was very surprised to find that they do not have wireless in the rooms and all over the ship but only 4 or so "hot spots" on the ship. I have not seen this on a ship in at least 10 years. I needed to complete a contract once I got on board using Docusign which under normal circumstances would take perhaps 15 minutes. The internet on the ship was so bad that I spend literally 10+ hours and 3+ days of my vacation trying to use the antiquated system. I would get on their system and would be kicked off after 2 or 3 minutes without even getting onto the web and being charged 75 cents per minute. I would typically repeat this process 4 or 5 times before finally getting to use the EMail for maybe a minute or two before I was kicked off again. The assistant manager of the front desk, Steven, tried to help me and finally let me use the system they use in the back to finally use my software to submit my contract and reimbursing a fair amount of the useless minutes I had been charged for. During the last 3 days when I was trying to use the EMail to find out if my contract had gone through, I spent perhaps $150 on their internet with essentially zero results. I was so disgusted by this point that I did not even try to get reimbursed. We cruise once to twice a year and will never go on Royal Caribbean again. We have been on Princess, Carnival and Holland American. Never have I been so disgusted - my vacation was ruined.